1 Hours Total
- 10 Servings
- 10 frozen empanada discs, thawed
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup Old El Paso™ refried beans
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Recipe Continues Below
- Season the ground beef with the taco seasoning. Cook meat on medium-high heat until browned and cooked through. Season with salt to taste.
- Add corn to the beef and mix well.
- Take the empanada discs and add about 1/2 tablespoon of refried beans on half of the disc.
- Top beans with a little bit of beef and cheese.
- Fold the empanada discs in half forming a half moon. Seal the empanada edges with a fork.
- Fry the empanadas in very hot oil.