Tequila-Citrus Marinated Steak Tacos
Tequila—it’s not just for margaritas anymore! Here it lends a south-of-the-border spirit to these citrus-packed steak tacos.
20 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Total
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 box (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ Hint of Lime flavored taco shells, heated as directed on box
- In medium bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the lime juice, the orange juice, tequila, taco seasoning mix, jalapeño chile, 1 teaspoon of the lime peel and the orange peel. Stir in beef. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix sour cream, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice, remaining 1 teaspoon lime peel and the salt. Set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot. Using slotted spoon, remove beef from marinade to add to skillet; discard marinade. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until beef is slightly pink inside.
- Divide beef filling among warm shells. Top with sour cream mixture.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: crumbled Cotija cheese, chopped tomatoes and chopped red onions.
- Heating shells before filling provides the perfect crispness for your tacos.