Turkey, Black Bean and Corn Taco Salad
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 8 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup frozen corn, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide lettuce among serving bowls. Top with turkey mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Leftover ground turkey taco salad makes a great lunch the next day. Keep all the ingredients, except for the tortilla chips, stored in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Store the taco meat separately, and reheat just before assembling the salad.
- For a little added heat, add a few chopped pickled jalapeños to the toppings.
- Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 3 Pepper Cheese Blend can be substituted for the Old El Paso™ Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend in this turkey taco salad recipe.
- 1 Serving Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 270); Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 1100mg; Potassium 880mg; Total Carbohydrate 53g (Dietary Fiber 10g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 36g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 170%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 30%; Iron 30%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 4 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet