Build-Your-Own Burrito Board
Prep 45 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 beef flank steak (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb), trimmed of visible fat
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
Bowls and Tortillas
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Burritos (8 Count), heated as directed on package
Beans and Cheese
- 1 can (16 oz) Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans, heated as directed on can
- 1 1/2 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (6 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Blend Cheese
Toppings, as desired
- Chopped avocado
- Sliced jalapeño chiles
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 container (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
- Pico de gallo salsa
- 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce
- 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of flank steak with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and rub all over with original taco seasoning mix, pressing to coat. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until brown. Place steak in foil-lined pan.
- Roast 13 to 17 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of steak reads 145°F (for medium). Remove from oven. Transfer steak to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak on the bias, against the grain. Place in bowl; cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, carefully wipe out skillet. Add 1 tablespoon oil to same skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in water and chicken taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Place in bowl; cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
- To serve, place steak, chicken, heated tortilla bowls and tortillas on board. Place refried beans, cheeses and Toppings in bowls; arrange on board. Top each burrito as desired.
- Like a lot of fresh toppings? Be sure to start prepping and chopping your vegetables ahead of time so you are ready to serve once the meats are cooked.
- Make it your own! Serve your favorite toppings such as black beans, corn or chopped red onion to create your own burrito board. Add lime wedges and tortilla chips to complete the board.
- Instant Pot® Cilantro-Lime Rice as another filling for your burritos.
- Craving tacos? Make this a taco board! Replace flank steak with 1 lb ground beef, and follow package directions on back of Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix . Add Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells and taco sauce to complete your taco board.
- 1 Tortilla and 1 Bowl Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 270); Total Fat 30g (Saturated Fat 14g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 120mg; Sodium 1360mg; Potassium 500mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 46g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 35%; Iron 30%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet