Chicken Jalapeno Tacos with Lime Crema Recipe
35 Minutes Total
- 10 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ Hint of Lime taco shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add 1 cup of the red onion, the garlic and jalapeño chile; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add chicken, taco seasoning mix and water; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat sour cream, lime zest and lime juice.
- Divide chicken mixture among taco shells. Top with sour cream mixture, tomato, remaining 1/2 cup red onion and cilantro.
- Jalapeños can vary widely in heat, so we recommend taking out the seeds and veins, where most of the heat in the chile is stored, so your tacos don’t get overheated. If you like it hot, feel free to leave them in.
- When handling hot chile peppers, be sure to wear kitchen gloves to protect your hands. Be careful not to touch your face or eyes, as the seeds and membranes of chiles can cause burns. Always wash your hands thoroughly after handling chiles.
- Any of the Old El Paso™ shredded cheeses would make a nice addition to these tacos.