Easy Oven-Baked Beef Enchiladas
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 55 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas For Soft Tacos & Fajitas (6 inch)
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans (from 16-oz can)
- 2 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (8 oz)
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
Serve with, if desired
- Pico de gallo salsa
- 1 container (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Spread 1 heaping tablespoonful refried beans evenly down center of each tortilla. Top with slightly less than 1/4 cup taco beef; sprinkle with 1 heaping tablespoonful cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top enchiladas with enchilada sauce and remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Top with pico de gallo and crema.
- Want a little more heat in your baked beef enchiladas? Use Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce .
- Try Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend to replace Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend for a spicy kick to these oven enchiladas.
- Try topping your oven-baked enchiladas with Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce , guacamole and freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
- Once you know how to bake enchiladas, you'll be searching for more easy oven-baked recipes. Try Easy Oven Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos or Easy Oven-Baked Beef Tacos . These two recipes are packed with flavor and easy to love with minimal prep time.
- 2 Enchiladas Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 260); Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 14g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1650mg; Potassium 330mg; Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 30g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 40%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 3 Starch; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet