Easy Oven Enchiladas
Grab your sombrero, and tote this made-for-a-crowd dish to your next potluck fiesta. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
55 Minutes Total
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ cheesy enchilada
- 6 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package)
- 1 jar (16 oz) Old El Paso™ salsa (any variety)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup milk, hot water and contents of uncooked rice and sauce mix pouches (from Hamburger Helper box). Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.
- Spoon 2/3 cup beef mixture on each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; place seam sides down and widthwise in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Spread with salsa; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until hot. In 1 cup glass measuring cup, stir 3 tablespoons milk and contents of topping mix pouch (from Hamburger Helper box) 30 seconds; drizzle over enchiladas.
- Provide the works! Offer toppings of chopped green onions, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, shredded lettuce and sour cream.
- Get on a roll! Soften tortillas as directed on the package for easier rolling.
NutritionCalories540(Calories from Fat200),Total Fat22g(Saturated Fat9g,Trans Fat2 1/2g),Cholesterol70mgSodium1600mgTotal Carbohydrate62g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars8g),Protein25g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium25%;Iron20%; Exchanges:3 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.