Grilled Chicken Fajitas
A great way to make grilled chicken fajitas during summer grilling season with a spicy kick that lets your chicken and veggies soak up all the flavor while you relax and enjoy your night. When you're done, just wrap up the foil pouches and toss 'em. Summer grilling, yummy chicken fajitas for the family to love, easy cleanup, and maybe everyone eats their veggies tonight, a perfect combination for everyone.
35 Minutes Prep
2 Hours 35 Minutes Total
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into rings
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
- 4 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package)
- In medium bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic and lime juice. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; stir to coat. Cover bowl; refrigerate at least 2 hours to marinate, turning once.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 2 (18x12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade; discard marinade. Place half of chicken and vegetables on center of each sheet. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal. Cut another sheet of foil; wrap tortillas securely in foil.
- Place packets on grill over medium heat. Cook chicken and vegetables 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender. Cook tortillas 2 to 3 minutes or until warm. Open foil carefully to allow hot steam to escape.
- Serve each chicken and vegetable packet with 2 tortillas. If desired, top tortillas with shredded lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and salsa.
- To get the most juice from fresh limes, use the limes at room temperature, and roll them on the counter with your hands before cutting.
- Serve these fajitas with frosty margaritas.
NutritionCalories450(Calories from Fat110),Total Fat13g(Saturated Fat3g,Trans Fat2g),Cholesterol75mgSodium990mgTotal Carbohydrate50g(Dietary Fiber3g Sugars5g),Protein34g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A50%;Vitamin C70%;Calcium15%;Iron25%; Exchanges:3 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.