- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lime peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package), warmed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Guacamole, if desired
Step 1 Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix beef, lime peel, lime juice, chili powder, tomato paste and garlic. Shape mixture into 4 sausage-shaped rolls, about 6 inches long. Thread 1 beef roll on each of 4 (11-inch) metal skewers; flatten slightly.
Step 2 In another medium bowl, mix bell pepper, onion and oil; place mixture in grill basket (grill “wok”).
Step 3 Place skewered beef rolls and grill basket on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 7 to 8 minutes, turning beef rolls after 5 minutes and shaking basket to turn vegetables occasionally, until beef rolls are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
Step 4 Remove each beef roll from skewer onto center of tortilla. Spoon vegetables over beef rolls. Top with sour cream and cilantro. Serve with guacamole.
NutritionCalories410(Calories from Fat200),Total Fat22g(Saturated Fat8g,Trans Fat2g),Cholesterol80mgSodium410mgTotal Carbohydrate28g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars4g),Protein24g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A35%;Vitamin C35%;Calcium10%;Iron20%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsTo warm tortillas in the oven, wrap them in foil and bake at 325°F for about 7 minutes. To microwave, cover tortillas with microwavable waxed paper and microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds.
Tomato paste is available in tubes and cans. Look for it in the supermarket next to the canned tomato products.