Ground Beef Fajitas
Try this Mex-burger fajita that features spiced ground beef and savory grilled veggies tucked inside a soft tortilla shell.
35 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lime peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package), warmed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Guacamole, if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix beef, lime peel, lime juice, chili powder, tomato paste and garlic. Shape mixture into 4 sausage-shaped rolls, about 6 inches long. Thread 1 beef roll on each of 4 (11-inch) metal skewers; flatten slightly.
- In another medium bowl, mix bell pepper, onion and oil; place mixture in grill basket (grill “wok”).
- Place skewered beef rolls and grill basket on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 7 to 8 minutes, turning beef rolls after 5 minutes and shaking basket to turn vegetables occasionally, until beef rolls are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove each beef roll from skewer onto center of tortilla. Spoon vegetables over beef rolls. Top with sour cream and cilantro. Serve with guacamole.
- To warm tortillas in the oven, wrap them in foil and bake at 325°F for about 7 minutes. To microwave, cover tortillas with microwavable waxed paper and microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds.
- Tomato paste is available in tubes and cans. Look for it in the supermarket next to the canned tomato products.
NutritionCalories410(Calories from Fat200),Total Fat22g(Saturated Fat8g,Trans Fat2g),Cholesterol80mgSodium410mgTotal Carbohydrate28g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars4g),Protein24g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A35%;Vitamin C35%;Calcium10%;Iron20%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.