Instant Pot® Chicken Enchiladas
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 medium breasts)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 2/3 cup Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans (from 16-oz can)
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas For Soft Tacos & Fajitas (6 inch)
- 1 package (8 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (2 cups)
Garnishes, as desired
- Pico de gallo
- Chopped cilantro
- Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
Recipe Continues Below
- Place chicken in 6-quart Instant Pot®. Sprinkle half of the taco seasoning mix over chicken. Turn chicken over; sprinkle remaining half of taco seasoning mix over top. Chicken should be completely coated. Add water.
- Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING. Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 5 minutes. Select CANCEL. Keep pressure valve in SEALING position to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure. Chicken should be cooked through and reach internal temperature of 165°F.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; use two forks to shred into bite-size pieces. Discard cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, 3/4 cup of the enchilada sauce and the green chiles.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish. Spread 1 tablespoon refried beans down center of each tortilla; top with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down, in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish each serving with pico de gallo, chopped cilantro and crema.
- We used two 8-oz boneless skinless chicken breasts while testing this recipe. If your chicken breasts are larger, you will want to increase the high-pressure cooking time by 1 or 2 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- If you like a little more heat in your Instant Pot® Chicken Enchiladas, try substituting Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend for the Old El Paso™ Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend in this recipe. You can also substitute Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce for the Mild version.
- We use pico de gallo and fresh cilantro as a suggested garnish for this chicken enchilada recipe for the Instant Pot®, but you can use chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions if preferred.
- We love Instant Pot® Chicken Enchiladas, but this recipe for Creamy Chicken & Chile Enchiladas has our mouths watering as well. It's a quick one, serving up in just 30 minutes total.
- Instant Pot® enchiladas speed up the cooking time on your chicken breasts, but if you were looking for an even faster shortcut to delicious enchiladas, try this recipe for Easy Microwave Chicken Enchiladas.
2 Enchiladas Calories 490 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1450mg; Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 34g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 35%; Iron 20%;
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 3 Very Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2.5