Oven-Baked Cheesy Chicken Tacos
Easy to make for a hungry crowd, these oven-baked Hint of Lime tacos are filled with tender shredded chicken, along with loads of gooey cheese, before being topped with classic taco toppings.
35 Minutes Prep
45 Minutes Total
- 1 box (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ Hint of Lime flavored taco shells
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Place taco shells standing up and together in dish; set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Stir in chicken, taco seasoning mix and water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture is heated through. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
- To assemble, place 2 tablespoons shredded cheese in bottom of each shell. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; carefully fill each taco with heaping 1/4 cup chicken mixture and another heaping tablespoon shredded cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with shredded lettuce and pico de gallo.
- Try these additional fresh toppings: diced avocado and sour cream.
- Heating shells before filling provides the perfect crispness for your tacos.