Quick and Easy Shrimp Tacos
25 Minutes Total
- 5 Servings
- 1 1/4 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium (41 to 50 ct) shrimp, tail shells removed
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce (from 9-oz bottle)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- In medium bowl, mix shrimp, taco seasoning mix and lime juice; stir to coat.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Remove from heat.
- To serve, fill taco shells with shrimp, and top with salsa verde sauce, avocado, tomato, red onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
- Add a little heat to your homemade shrimp tacos by including some sliced jalapeños to your topping options.
- A shrimp's size is measured by the number of individual shrimp it takes to make up a pound. We used medium-size shrimp labeled 41/50 in this recipe, meaning there are between 41 and 50 of this size shrimp in a pound. The description of size can vary, depending on the market.
- To take some of the “bite” out of the raw onion topping, place your onions in a strainer, and run them under cold water for a few seconds.
- Now that you have the hang of how to make shrimp tacos, try out some flavorful twists with Spicy Mexican Shrimp Taco Bowls™ and Easy Mango Shrimp Tacos . These shrimp taco recipes are perfect for summer with light and fresh toppings.
2 Tacos Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 190); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 160mg; Sodium 650mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 2g); Protein 23g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 3 Very Lean Meat, 4 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2