Simple Beef Tacos
The classic at its best. Treat your family to the easiest taco around with Old El Paso®.
15 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 1 box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso™ taco shells (12 shells)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- Heat taco shells as directed on box.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Spoon beef into taco shells.
- For a dinner your family will love, top these tacos with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and shredded Cheddar cheese!
NutritionCalories240(Calories from Fat120),Total Fat13g(Saturated Fat5g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol45mgSodium500mgTotal Carbohydrate16g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein14g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A6%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium2%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.