Simple Beef Tacos
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 box (4.6 oz) Old El Paso™ taco shells (12 shells)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat taco shells as directed on box.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Spoon beef into taco shells.
- For a dinner your family will love, top these tacos with shredded lettuce, chopped tomato and shredded Cheddar cheese!
- 1 Serving Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 500mg; Potassium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet