Spicy Honey-Lime Chicken Tacos
30 Minutes Total
- 10 Servings
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 4 or 5 thighs)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 box (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ Hint of Lime flavored taco shells, heated as directed on box
- In medium bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons honey and the salt. Add cabbage and green onions; stir to coat. Set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add bell pepper, jalapeño chile and taco seasoning mix; continue to cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until chicken is cooked through. Stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice and 2 tablespoons honey; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until juices are slightly thickened.
- Divide chicken filling among warm shells. Top with slaw.
- Try this additional fresh topping: thinly sliced radishes.
- If you like your tacos with extra heat, try using a serrano chile in place of the jalapeño.
1 Serving: Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 360mg; Potassium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 13g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6% Exchanges: 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1