Steak and Veggie Fajita Nachos
30 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green or red bell peppers, cut in half crosswise
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick), trimmed of visible fat, cut into 1/2-inch bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix (from 1-oz package)
- 6 cups thick tortilla chips
- 3 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blend (12 oz)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped plum (Roma) tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and onions; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Remove from heat; pour into bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- Carefully wipe out skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak in oil 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown on all sides. Add water and taco seasoning mix; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, spread half of chips evenly on lined pan. Top chips with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked beef from skillet, and sprinkle over top of cheese-topped chips; discard any remaining liquid left in skillet. Top with warmed pepper and onion mixture and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Return pan to oven; bake 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with queso sauce. Sprinkle tomatoes and cilantro on top.
- Lining your pan with foil makes an easy cleanup!
- Try topping Steak and Veggie Fajita Nachos with sliced jalapeño chiles or Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana.
- Now that you know how to make fajita nachos, check out these two flavorful twists: Mexican Street Corn Nachos and Grilled Steak Fajita Tacos . Whether you love making nachos or are on a steak kick, these recipes will hit the spot.
1 Serving Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 530mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 3g); Protein 23g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 2 Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5