Easy Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 50 Minutes
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos & Fajitas (6 inch)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 container (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish or pan with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in bottom of baking dish. In medium bowl, stir together chicken, 3/4 cup of the sauce, the taco seasoning mix, chiles, beans and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Place tortillas on work surface. Spread 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle green onions and cilantro on top. Top with sour cream.
- Want a little more heat? Try Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce.
- Fresh toppings like chopped tomatoes or avocados make great additions to chicken and bean enchiladas.
- Try Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend to replace Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend for even more of a spicy kick to the chicken and black bean enchiladas.
- These Easy Microwave Chicken Enchiladas are a quick way to serve up big flavor in record time.
- Chicken enchiladas with beans are a family-favorite meal. Still, if not everyone at the table loves beans, we think this recipe for Easy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas will be a winner. It's got the same delicious mild enchilada sauce but skips the beans.
- Prep this recipe in the morning and come home to an Enchilada Soup ready to go in the slow cooker. The same enchilada flavors you love, now spoonable.
- 1 Enchilada Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 910mg; Potassium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 17g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 20%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet