Easy Taco Queso Dip
This quick and easy dip will be your family’s new favorite with cheesy goodness, taco meat and salsa.
20 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (8 oz) plus 1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa (any variety)
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- Tortilla chips, as desired
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix; stir.
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat cream cheese and salsa over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is lump-free. Stir in chiles, cheese and beef; continue cooking about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and mixture is hot. Serve immediately with Make it FRESH toppings and chips.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: diced tomatoes, green onions, fresh cilantro leaves, lime wedges.
- Use Mexican blend or Colby Jack cheese in place of the Cheddar.
NutritionCalories70(Calories from Fat45),Total Fat5g(Saturated Fat3g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol20mgSodium180mgTotal Carbohydrate2g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars0g),Protein3g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium4%;Iron0%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:0
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.