Easy Taco Queso Dip
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 12 oz (1 1/2 packages) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 cups from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- Sliced green onion and chopped fresh cilantro leaves, as desired
- Tortilla chips, as desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Pour into small bowl; stir in taco seasoning mix until combined. Set aside.
- In same skillet, heat cream cheese and tomatoes over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cream cheese is smooth. Stir in chiles, cheese and beef mixture; continue cooking about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cheese is melted and mixture is hot. Pour into heatproof serving bowl. Sprinkle green onion and cilantro on top. Serve warm with chips.
- We like using canned petite diced tomatoes in this taco queso dip for the smaller dice, but regular diced tomatoes can also be used.
- Try other varieties of Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix, such as Hot & Spicy for an Easy Taco Queso Dip that turns the heat up a notch.
- Serve half of the queso taco dip and keep the rest in the skillet until needed.
- For other crowd-pleasing dips you can make in a flash, try our Easy Taco Bean Dip or Chicken Enchilada Dip.
- If this Mexican cheese dip recipe has you thinking about cheesy queso, check out our recipe for Cheesy Queso Beef Tacos. It's for the queso lovers.
- 1/4 Cup Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 230mg; Potassium 95mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 6g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 4%
- Exchanges: 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet