Grilled Chicken and Veggie Fajitas
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (8 oz each)
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas For Soft Tacos & Fajitas (6 inch), heated as directed on package
Serve with, if desired
- 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Blend Cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Avocado slices
- 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- In small bowl, mix taco seasoning mix and oil.
- Brush half of taco seasoning mixture onto vegetables. Brush remaining half of taco seasoning mixture onto both sides of chicken breasts.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place vegetables and chicken on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 14 minutes, turning once, until vegetables are tender and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F in center). Transfer to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken breasts and peppers into thin strips. Cut onion rounds in half crosswise, and separate into strips. Transfer both the chicken and vegetables to a serving platter.
- To serve, fill tortillas with warmed chicken, pepper and onion mixture, and your favorite desired fresh toppings.
- If you want a little more heat in your Grilled Chicken and Veggie Fajitas, substitute one of the bell peppers with a large poblano chile.
- We liked these grilled chicken fajitas with Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce as a topping option, but if you prefer, either Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce or Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce would also be delicious.
- Guacamole and your favorite fresh salsa would make great additions to your grilled fajita topping “bar.”
- If you love grilled chicken fajitas, keep that grill fire lit for this recipe for Grilled Steak Tacos with Corn Salsa. Don't forget to marinate the steak first for tender and juicy bites.
- You can still enjoy fajitas even when it's not grilling season. Easy Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas keep it easy with just 10 minutes of prep time.
- 2 Fajitas Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 670mg; Potassium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 24g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet